Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Days 9 & 10 - The Zoo & Shamian Island

Monday morning we headed back to the medical office to get Liam's TB skin test checked.  We were in and out in 2 minutes, as his test was just fine.  Then it was off to the zoo for a great morning!   How many folks can actually say they got kissed by giraffe this week? 
It's crazy to think that a 3-year old child has never seen animals like this before.  We take so much for granted in the USA.  He just couldn't stop pointing and saying "Ya Ya!" to everything he saw!
Maddie's favorite was the panda and we had to pry her away from the exhibit.  Audrey took to the chimps rather well and has come to the conclusion that she wants to live with them forever.  Go figure.
After naps for everyone in the family (ahh!), we all decided to take a jump in the pool.  Again, I had to realize that ALL of this is a 1st for Liam.   I bet he's never even seen a swimming pool.  It's really amazing to see the excitement and joy out from child as they experience such simple stuff.  At first, he enjoyed splish splashing with Dada in the kiddie pool.
Before long, he was ready for the big pool with his sissies!  
 
Today we had a free day and boy, did we need it!   After breakfast, I was still exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open.  The love of my life sent me back to the room to nap while he watched all 3 kiddos wear themselves out on the playground.  Have I mentioned how much I just adore that man?
 
In the afternoon, we took another ride over to Shamian Island to do some souvenier shopping and grab some dinner.  We found this little hole-in-the-wall tea shop and sat down to sample some green tea.  Liam's home town is known for a few things:  kung fu,  jade production, and making some of the world's most exclusive high-quality tea.  I'm not much of a tea-drinker, but MAN...that was some of the best stuff that I've ever had!  What a treat!   
 
It's a good thing that I have this blog because quite frankly, without it I wouldn't know what day it is anymore or what the heck we did last week.    What's my name again??
 
Well, tomorrow is the big one !  It's our appointment at the U.S. Consulate to get the very last thing we need: Liam's American visa.   It's the final hoop in China that we have to jump through!  
Thank you, Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment