Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 12-14 ~ The Adventure Home!

Last night we went to a fabulous restaurant right by the water. The view was gorgeous and so serene.  The weather was perfect, a clear nigh with a gentle breeze.  We all shared some steak and spaghetti (another discovery: Liam is a meat and potato kinda man!  He LOVED the steak!).  I finally sat down, took very deep breath, and watched the sunset with my new larger family sipping a long-overdue glass of red wine. (ahhh!)  We took quiet time as a family to praise God for all of His provisions on this crazy 10 month journey and for holding us up when we thought we couldn't stand for another minute. This has been a major leap of faith and the scariest thing I've ever done in my life.  I hope that you have been blessed and encouraged as you have walked by our side along the way.  To God be all of the glory!
The View from the Restaurant


Daddy and Maddie

Audrey and Mommy enjoying the sunset
His mischevious look while posing with his Mama

Liam stuffed full of white rice, all smiles with his Baba!

This will be my last blog update until we are home and settled.  In just a few hours we head out to pick up Liam's US Visa and then we're off to the airport.  We fly from here to Beijing, spend the night in Beijing, up early to catch a flight from Beijing to Seattle, transfer planes in Seattle and fly to Atlanta and then jump another plane from Atlanta to Lexingon.   I realize that may have been the longest run-on sentence ever but I had to say that all in one breath.    It's gonna be a LOONNG couple of days ahead.   Do you hear the "Mission Impossible" theme song playing again?  Because I sure do!

I can smell the crisp Autumn air of the Bluegrass already!  I can feel the warmth of the hugs from our friends and family as we come down that escalator at the airport and I tear up just thinking about it.    I can taste the clear, purified water from our fridge as I curl up on my couch in warm, comfy pajamas!  I can see the excitement on Liams face when he walks in the door of his new home for the first time, points to the dog, and shrills "YA YA!!!"

We're almost at the end. 

Or perhaps I should say, we're just getting started.

1 comment: