Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 8- More Guangzhou

Ok, so I'm gonna make this one quick because quite frankly, I'm exhausted and need a nap!

Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon playing in the park trying to wear everyone out.  It worked, because he slept from 8pm last night until 7am this morning!   WOOHOO!!!
We also tried an authentic Cantonese family-style restaurant for dinner last night.  You were right, Amy....the fried rice is to die for!  YUM!! 

This morning, we took a quick drive over to Shamian Island to enjoy Sunday morning bi-lingual Christian church service.   The sermon was on "Fruits of the Spirit: Patience".   They spoke about patience and perserverance through the hard times.  Really?!?   Love God's sense of humor.     I can't wait for next Sunday when he'll get to go to his first service at his home church.  Have I mentioned how much I miss everyone back in Kentucky??  *sigh*
My first church service!
Afterward, we did a little shopping around the island and met up with some other adoptive American families for lunch at the famous Lucy's restaurant (I finally got the spaghetti I was craving!!)   I'm telling you...just being able to sit down over a meal with the other folks who have jumped through all of the insane hurdles along with us is just this:   Best. Therapy. Ever.

Tomorrow morning we head back to the medical office to get his TB skin test read and then to the zoo for the day.  The boy absolutely LOVES animals, so that should be a hoot! 

 I'll leave you with a few pics of the island from today.  So peaceful!   
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Man, I was thinking of that Cantonese rice yesterday. We had some in lex and it just wasnt the same. It sounds like you guys are doing better. That makes me so happy. Love you guys. We miss you too.

    ReplyDelete