Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Land Of Emmajane

Well, we are here!   In about 14 hours our lives will change forever!

The flight to Beijing went smoothly and I actually got to catch some zz's and a movie.   The hotel was  really nice- and OH MAN, the dumplings I had for dinner were to die for!    

The next morning we gathered for a nice breakfast and head on to Zhengzhou (Henan Province) where our daughter lives.    Now...many of you know how anxious I was to a)  Leave the kids behind and b) go back to China due to our um...not so fabulous experience last time.    A few things I've noted already:

1)  An (awesome) travel group makes a world of difference.  I've been surrounded by other fabulous Americans who understand this journey and SPEAK ENGLISH!   Thank you, Jesus.

2)   I heart Facetime.    To "see" the faces of  my babies all the way across the world has made life so much better.  My manager of tech support (Joe) knows that his passport gets thrown away and his tushie left in China if he doesn't keep wi-fi and our VPN up and running.    Just kidding!   Well...kinda sorta....

3)   Our agency ROCKS!   Completely different experience from last time.  The guides are thorough, we don't have to worry about a thing and the hotel isn't disgusting like the last one we stayed at in Zhengzhou.  We are understood! No having to play charades to get more toilet paper delivered to the room.  (stop and picture that in your head for a minute....charades....for toilet paper....yes,  it's been done and it certainly wasn't pretty...)

4)   Ah, China.  Last time I was terrified of you. This time, every bit of it has actually felt familiar and comforting in a weird kind of way.

 I think this is what peace feels like.

Thanks to all of you for all the prayers across the ocean!   Without a doubt, we feel them!   Around 10am Monday morning (around 10pm Sunday night in the USA)  think of us over here as we meet our girl for the very first time.     I'll try to post pics as soon as I can.

In the meantime, enjoy some pics of our adventures thus far:





Maddie, Audrey and Liam will get a kick out of this- "The Happy Goat"- long story.... 

Our Room
Yes, it's time!  


1 comment:

  1. Love the renovations to the room. Amazing. Congratulations on your new addition. We were there 9 months ago! So excited for your family. One less orphan!

    ReplyDelete