Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rice, Party of 6!!!

Today we finalized the adoption- we are legally her parents!   Woohoo!

About Emmajane....   We are still having to call her by her Chinese name due to the language barrier.  Her name is pronounced sort of like "Yeen Chain", so get to practicing if you want her to know you're talking to her.   Ha!   We're somehow able to communicate using Google translate, the help of guides and friends, and this little book we brought with us.  The Chinese lanuage is SOOO complicated and every meaning is different based on the tone you use.    Yesterday I thought I kept asking her if she had to go pee-pee.  Come to find out I kept saying the word "bird" to her instead.    Poor kid, she's been so incredibly patient with us!

Speaking of which, she's potty trained and very healthy!   She's about the same height as Liam yet much more stout, about 5-6 lbs heavier.   She's about size 3T pants and 4T tops, not sure about the shoe size but I'm guesstimating 11-12.  The girl can pack away some food like it's nobody's business.  Loves a bath and even bathes herself.    You can tell she was very, very much loved and prepared for meeting us.  

The little picture book that we sent to her has been the best thing we could've done!  She recognized us almost immediately after we met and sweetly whispered Mama to me!      She's been very affectionate.  Her giggles are precious.  I even woke up this morning to her softly stroking my back and hair.    

Oh...and her hair.   We southern folks have to break her into the big hairbow tradition right off the bat.  You know the saying, "the bigger the bow, the closer you are to heaven"?     I was worried that she'd hate them....boy, was I wrong!    Yesterday,  I let her pick out her first after-bath outfit, and she chose the one with the most "fluff" and bling along with a matching hairbow.   I brought her over to the mirror and showed her how to twirl in her new dress.  Everytime we change her into a new outfit now, she twirls in front of the mirror like a true princess!

All of it sounds grand, doesn't it?  It is and it has!   I must confess though....I'm leary.   If you remember our last adventure to China, Liam didn't have his super-gigantic meltdown until Wednesday night and it lasted for a few MONTHS.  Seriously.  Maybe I'm just traumatized, but we are sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop knowing that the road is hard ang long.  We are praising God for such an incredible journey thus far and the warm moments of bonding we've had thus far.

I'll leave you with some more pictures from the past day.  Thanks to each of you for following our craziness and praying for us!  Please keep the prayers coming because without a doubt, we feel them.  Oh, and please give those Rice kiddos back at home some extra momma-lovin' for me, too!   I miss them big time!
Making a toast with our juice glasses at breakfast to say "cheers to family"!

This is her "I-refuse-to-smile" look

That piece of paper makes her officially ours!

Enjoying some time with her Baba

Naptime!  Be still, my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment