Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Teeny Tiny Update

Wow, it's been a long week.  But we've survived, and that's a plus, right? 

The first few days after our phone call wasn't so much fun.  I think I stayed in a state of shock and grief for 2 days straight.   The fog started to lift a few days later and, thankfully, now I can think a little more clearly. 

We've done internet searches about his possible diagnosis, asked several trusted adoptive China families what they've done in situations like this, and prayed more than can remember.  The Lord and I seem to be on an hourly chit-chat schedule these days.   He's a pretty good friend of mine.

So, today we got a teeny tiny update.  Our in-China agency-representative has been great thus far and appears to really be trying to get answers for us.   We found out that Nathaniel is DEFINITELY not a favorite of theirs over at the orphanage.  As a matter of fact, he was described as "a headache" to his preschool teachers and "very smart to learn new things, naughty, and restless."   The second part sounds like a typical 3 and 1/2 year old boy, if you ask me.        

We have also understood that the orphanage would like to do some further medical check-ups on Nathaniel to see what may be going on with him.  Not because they actually care or give any value to human life.  Basically because they know that 1)  We have pre-approved to adopt him and that 2) They have been getting questions from the China governing agency AND our in-country rep. I guess when you have the big-wigs asking you for some clarification, it might light a fire under your tushie to get some real answers.   Let's hope.  Nate will be taking a little field trip from his smaller town to the big city of Guangzhou on May 3rd to see the doctor.  (date of May 2nd in the USA due to the time difference over there....)  

Please, please PRAY that his appointment on May 3rd goes smoothly, that they are thorough with their examinations, and that the report comes back to us quickly with accurate translation. 

In the meantime, I want to give a heart-felt THANK YOU to those of you who have called, emailed, messaged, texted, sent smoke-signals....and all who have taken a moment and simply prayed!    It's times like this that you really find out who your friends are.    It's funny...I can't remember at all what I ate for breakfast yesterday yet I will never forget who has truly been there and have not judged us or thrown out hasty "cliche" opinions.   I know you by name and love you all so very, very much! 

By the way, for those of you wondering---we are still adopting! Our calling hasn't changed.  As a matter of fact, it's obvious that the enemy is not wanting us to go forth with this with all of the arrows he's shooting.  However, that makes it even clearer that this is specifically the Lord's will for us.  

One thing I know for sure:  He never promised would be easy.  He just promised we'd never be alone.   

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you are moving forward with the adoption. I'll continue to pray for you and Nate. It's so sad that he is described as a headache. No child should feel that way as I'm sure it shows in how he is cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so super excited for Nathaniel's appointment that I can hardly think about anyhting else!!?!? Good grief and for a week! I am working on my patience! God is still teaching me that through both MY process and yours!! HA! :)

    This post was soo very sweet and GIRL....what is described above is nothing more than a BOY for you!! I know that you are used to raising those precious little angels of your's but make no mistake that BOYS can AND WILL be a headache, naughty AND restless and often all at the same time!! Coming from a household dominated by men, I can speak from experience! It just keeps things interesting. Never a dull moment because you NEVER know what kind of creature you may find lurking beneath the bed, couch, etc! Fun times ahead and I promise you that you will LOVE, LOVE, LOOOVVVVVVEEEE every minute of it!! I will be praying hard on May 3rd, you can count on it! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping and praying that you get answers. I can only imagine how this must be hurting you right now. I know that your are such a devout christian and have no doubt that God will protect little Nate and bring him home to you when the time is right. Let us know if team Womack can do anything for you. As always, hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a friend of yours for over 30 years and a mother to a very active 3 1/2 year old little boy I am so very excited for you and your family. I will continue to keep your family on our prayer chain and I know that Nate is one blessed little boy

    ReplyDelete