Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thanks

The countdown is on!

We leave in 5 days.  We meet our son in 9 days.  My life will never be the same.

I'm so full of emotions right now.  Of course, PMS doesn't really help the situation either, but I digress...

I'm excited one moment.  Terrified the next.  Packing and cleaning like a wild-woman then sitting in shock wanting to crawl in bed. I can't stay on task to save my life!  I've had several of my friends who have been through this crazy adoption journey tell me all of these feelings are totally normal and expected.   *whew*  I'm normal for once in my life.

Stop laughing.  It's not funny.

Speaking of funny, yesterday, I went to the pharmacy to get a refill on all of our daily meds (allergy stuff etc).  The pharmacist accidentally gave me an Rx of Prozac, which I quickly noticed and promptly returned.   I couldn't help but think:  Is this a sign?    To avoid crying, I giggled the whole way home at God's sense of humor.

We have the house almost as clean as it was when we moved in (what a great feeling!), most of the luggage packed, and 95% of my 2-page pre-travel to-do list checked off.  I have all of my October filled with catalog shows while I'm my "maternity" leave, got my November cooking show calendar completely filled, and most of my December full, as well.     I have all of our house sitters and bloggers lined up, prayer warriors secured, and 6 freezer meals put up for the worst days of our jet-lag.   Yup, that's a big "S" you see on on my cape, thank-you-very-much. 

Today, I wanted to say "THANKS".   There are so, SO many friends, family and strangers that have helped to bring Liam home and so many that were beyond supportive of our journey right from the start. We are thankful for EVERYONE who has been there for us, please know that!   But for today,  I wanted to call a few of them out by name.

To my wonderful in-laws, for embracing their new grandson from the get-go and for the incredible spaghetti dinner/fundraiser they so generously gave!  To Stacy, the girl I met years ago at a PC show that has become my BFF through this up and down roller coaster, I couldn't make it without her!  To new friends like the Harris family, for their generous donation of Liam's mattress, endless fun times over trivia & frozen yogurt and their unconditional love!  To the Curry family, for their companionship during the especially difficult times and "garden therapy" to keep my mind off the waiting!  To the Mook family, for the wonderfully thoughtful baby shower and fundraiser!  To our Sunday School class, for the sweet baby shower, car wash, and endless prayers! To the Schindler family for that memorable lunch at Mi Casita's last November, and for the 1,000 answers to my many questions over the months!   To the Epperly family for chit chats over coffee, continual encouragement and their zealous love for our Zeus. To the amazing, selfless people who donated some money no matter how big or small toward our adoption-expenses.  To my rockin' Pampered Chef hosts who booked shows to help boost my calendar to off-set the travel expenses and my Pampered Chef team, for their  incredible support and unending patience as I transition into a new role. To all of the friends who participated in our many out-of-my-comfort-zone fundraisers.   To those of you who have followed our journey via this blog whether silently or with words of hope, love, encouragement and prayers.   We are so blessed and so very, very thankful. 

Most of all, to my hubby and best friend, Joe.  Thanks for listening to God's call to adopt and for humbly persuing it.  Thank you for bearing with me during the sometimes crazy psychotic ups and downs and multiple papercuts.    You've rubbed my back for hours until I could fall asleep when my mind wouldn't shut off.   You ran to Kroger at midnight to get me Cocoa Puffs because I was having paper-pregnant "cravings".    You laughed with me at inappropriate jokes when the stress was unbearable and cried with me when we were at the end of our rope.   You're an incredible dad, a man of integrity, and a humble servant of Christ.   You're gonna look pretty fabulous throwing a ball around the backyard with your new son while your daughters try to paint your toenails!

For now, I'll leave you with a photo of Liam's bedroom.  We finally have it all ready!  We're coming to get you, little man!    Soon! 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I cannot wait for Liam to be united with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the bestest!! Love you bunches and can hardly STAND the excitement!!! So proud of you for all that you have done for this little guy, the hatefulness from some that you have tolerated, the family you have continued to be an awesome CEO of all while going through this process, the focus that you have maintained all to follow God's calling to you and your family. And ya know what little momma....God is about to reward you with the MOST precious gift you could ever imagine! Can't wait to meet my sweet new nephew, Liam! (because I "AM" the adopted aunt of the family ya know!) XOXOXOXO :)

    ReplyDelete