Saturday, September 22, 2012

Letter to Liam - Part 2

Dear Liam,

I'm still working on getting that sleep that I said I was planning on getting in my last letter.  There is just SO much to do before you come home!    I go-go-go all day long and spin like a top until I put my head on the pillow and then - POOF!   The top falls over and I'm out like a light.   And truly the real exhaustion hasn't even begun yet.  I sure hope you like to nap as much as I do!  

So, back to what I was saying.  You have 2 pretty fabulous big sisters here waiting for you.  They're coming to China to meet you first hand!   A little more about them:   Madelyn (Maddie) is 11 years old and she just began her first year of middle school.    She's very creative and she loves art, singing, writing fictional stories..but her favorite thing is reading!  She'll get lost in a book for hours!   You'll never miss a bedtime story with that girl around!  She loves to make people laugh and loves to help those in need.  She has super duper gigantic heart and a desire to love and be loved by everyone.  She knows how to be a good friend!   The girl can not walk on a flat surface without tripping over her own feet, however, she'll wow you everytime with her incredible knowledge of world records and knock-knock jokes.  Her heart bleeds for those that are less fortunate and she has a real soft spot for all animals. If you want to torture her, just throw a spider in her direction.   It will literally make her fall to pieces and make her scream louder than I thought was humanly possible.  That girl loves fancy-schmancy dresses and glittery bling. Maddie is one of the most happy-go-lucky, forgiving people I've ever met.  As her baby brother, I can promise that she'll drive you crazy "bossing" you around at times, but honestly she's just trying to help. (I see a career in management in her future!)  Maddie's always been my big helper.   She's had lots of experience being a big sister and I have a feeling she's gonna enjoy being the responsible big kid of the family that you look up to.
Big Sisters, Madelyn & Audrey
On the other hand, we have our very-passionate, strong-willed big sister, Audrey.  She's 8 years old and in 3rd grade.  She's the most animated person I've ever seen and wears her emotions on her sleeve at all times.    She is absolutely in love with any baby she meets and seriously can't wait to get her hands on you!  You've probably never seen a girl catch a butterfly like she can!  She's been known to bust out to rock music at the drop of a hat.  Audrey is the most indecisive person on earth, as it will take her (literally) 15+ minutes to decide what kind of yogurt to buy at the grocery store.   She'll spend part of her day in her best dress and high heels rolling her baby dolls around the house in their stroller and then happily spend the rest of the day in that same dress digging in the dirt, exploring nature, and playing with bugs.( I see a career in science for that kid!)  No matter what temperature it is outside, she'll prefer to go barefoot; she firmly believes that socks are her enemy.   Audrey is one of the most compassionate people I know and she'll be the one that will probably kiss your boo-boos and nurture you along the way, sort of like another Momma.     At the same time, if you're looking for a partner in crime, she'll be there for ya but will  deny having any part of it.  " No work and all play"  would be her motto if she had one.  Hands down, Audrey knows how to give the Best. Hugs. Ever!

Oh, and then there's Zeus.  He's your dog!    Zeus is a big ol' goofy overly EXUBERANT chocolate labrador retriever that we rescued from the pound a couple of years ago.  We've heard rumors about dogs in China.....but we won't go there today. Let's just say chocolate doesn't describe his flavor! ( He easily weighs over 2x your size, but he is the most gentle, loving doggie you'll ever know.   No matter what kind of day you've had, he'll greet you at the door with a smile...seriously...he smiles!   Just trust me on that!   You just have to see it for yourself!    He will TOTALLY flip out when you get his leash out to take him for a walk.   He loves playing frisbee and soccer in the back yard with the girls.    He'll happily let you climb all over him all day and then he'll curl up with you in front of the fireplace on a cold winter's night.   Zeus will be one of your first best friends.
Zeus!
Last but not least, there are SOOOO many people here that already love you and have been preparing for you with anticipation and excitement.  Friends and family have been praying for you,  helping us with many fundraisers,  donating their time and money to bring you here,  given us baby showers to prepare for you and offered to take care of things while we're in China meeting you.  These folks have cried with us, laughed with us, and anxiously counted down the days with us.    Each of these incredible "angels" know who they are ~  I know who they are ~ and I will never, ever forget all they have done!   You may have been "Made in China", but you are certainly loved so much here in America. 

I keep reminding myself that God made you just the way you are. His creation is amazing!  Your finding date was over a week past your estimated date of birth, which makes me think that your birth mom had a really hard time letting you go.  I can't imagine the courage and feelings she had when she left you.  I wish she had the opportunity to know that you will be safe, warm,  well-fed, nurtured, and loved unconditionally. I bet she can't fathom the courage and feelings I have as I wait for you to be a part of our family!   Both of our lives are going to change so much, bubby.   I can't wait for you to someday learn all about Christ..that way your ETERNAL life will be changed, too.

Just 2 short weeks until I we finally meet each other, little man!  I can't wait!

I love you,
Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment