Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Letter to Liam- Part 1

Dear Liam,

Hi, sweet boy!   I'm your Momma!   We haven't met yet, but I feel like I'm as prepared as I can be to finally hold you and welcome you into our lives.    You have no idea how long we've been waiting for you!  Some of the days have felt like years.  It been an emotional rollercoaster, for sure.   We've prayed for you for YEARS and once we saw your photo, not a day has gone by without us looking at it and thinking of you.    God had it all planned out...and every single detail of it, to be exact!    It's hard to believe that after 9 months of waiting like any other expecting Mommy, I know that I'll be on an airplane to China in just 2 short weeks to meet you and bring you HOME!  Every minute  in that airplane is a mile closer to you. I hope you feel it in your heart like I do...Mommy is coming to get you! 

So, I bet you have no clue who I am or what on earth you're getting yourself into. You may even wonder about the crazy American family that you're sort of being "thrown" into.    I feel your pain, buddy!  For now, I just want you to know who I am a little bit.  You'll learn more about me as we live and grow together over the years.   Well, first, I want you to know that I've been married for 13 amazing  years to your wonderful Daddy.  (I'll talk about him soon!)    You have 2 big sisters, Madelyn age 11 and Audrey age 8.  Those little girls are just biting at the bit and simply cannot WAIT to be your big sisters!  It's sort of gonna feel like you have 3 mommies watching over you at times when you get here.   So, get ready for lots of lovin'!    As for me, I'm a type-A personality and a master of planning.  That will benefit you in so many ways...I promise!    But on the light side, you need to know that I love to sing, and I've been known to spontaniously break out in dance at any moment. I love flip flops, polka dots, and comfy yoga pants. I like to cook and I love to travel!   I love DisneyWorld (and any good vacations, to be honest) and long for the day when I can hold your hand as we skip down MainStreet USA at the Magic Kingdom together. It's devine! You will LOVE it!    Of course,we have to get  one of those Mickey Mouse ice cream treats for you to enjoy during the parade.    :)   Another thing you may want to know about me is how LOYAL I am.  I won't leave your side....never ever! I'm your Momma now and I always will be.  I am reliable, dependable, and thoughtful.  I'm one of the most goal-oriented determined people I have ever met.  I'm on a mission for you and your sisters!   I put God first, my family second, and my career third.  YOU are a priority, YOU are loved,  and I cannot wait to set eyes on you for the very first time! 

As excited as I am, I'm not gonna lie---I'm just flat-out scared.  I mean,what if you totally hate my guts or are scared out of your mind  and won't even let me hold you?  What if you have more medical problems that they didnt' tell us?  Will you like your home?  Your sisters?   There's so many things to think about!   I pray that you love me  as much as I love you already.  You're one special little guy, Liam.   I know that for a fact.   God has some BIG plans for you, little boy!  :)

In just 1 month from now, you'll be home.  Yes!  Here...in your very own firefighter themed bedroom with your name on the wall,  cuddling with your forever family.  In one month from today, you'll officially be an American citizen!   In one month from today, friends and family will gather at the airport to set eyes on you for the very first time!    You have SOOOO many people here that love you and pray for you already, did you know that?    Hard to believe it's all just around the corner....sort of freaking out that it's really, REALLY finally time to meet you!  

Your daddy is laying next to me as I type this.  He's a full-time professional firefighter and works part-time as a Fire Investigator for a Forensic Engineering Firm.  Basically, he works a lot but is home every nigtht that I  have to work to be with you and the girls.   Oh, son..let me tell you...he's the VERY best daddy a boy could ask for!    He'll hug you, give you high-fives, curl up and fall asleep with you on his chest, tackle you over a light game of tag football, he'll pray with you each night before you fall asleep, and he'll shed many tears over your past.  He's an amazing guy....my very best friend...and he's excied to meet you.  He can't wait until you're ready to come visit his fire station and take a ride on "the big red truck".  He even helped to pick out your first Halloween costume tonight.     He is already so proud of you,his precious son, and he's yearning for the day when he can share Jesus with you, too.      Like I said, he's an incredible Daddy and the very best friend I've ever  had!  I bet you'll think he's pretty cool dude, too.  :)

Today I've been absolutely swamped getting things checked off of my "to-do" list that I'm literally exhausted.  Stay tuned for Part 2 of my  letter where I'll tell you more about your sisters and the amazing friends who have helped bring you home .  For right now, this Momma has to get some sleep while she can.

I love you, Liam!     Night-night, sweet Bubby!  

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment