Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nesting?

Is it too early to start nesting? Or is this just spring fever?

We are about 45 more days away (on average) from moving on to the next step in our process as we wait for I-800A approval.  So what's a girl to do?

First, I decided to track down everyone's immunization records and haul the family in for an afternoon of vaccinations.  Sadly, I did worse than the kids on that part. Why is it that the mere smell of rubbing alcohol on my upper arm makes me feel woozie?   Feeling somewhat like a pin-cushion, it was at least something to mark off of the checklist.   

After almost passing out at the doctor's office, I decided that I needed a break from all of this adoption stuff. 

Therefore, I 'm now on a mission to re-organize the entire house, garage, cabinets, and closets and purge us from all the miscellaneous "junk" we have laying around.  Which, in turn, means that the people at Goodwill practically know us by name.  Everything else goes to the curb and now I'm pretty much convinced that the garbage man officially hates me.

I've gotten all mostly caught up with my paperwork, training, cooking shows, in regard to my business/ So,  why not decide to re-paint a few rooms and get all of the carpets cleaned at the same time.  Yup, that's right.  Let's create even more havoc around the house by taking down all of the window treatments, wall decorations, and re-arrange the furniture. 

I can't really say it's "nesting" yet, right?  Because truly we are a LOOONG way off from bringing this boy home.  Besides, my OCD kinda kicks into overdrive every now and then and I've been known to spontaneously color code my closet at a moment's notice.   Don't judge.  

Perhaps this is just a defense mechanism to keep my mind off of the simple fact that I have a son a half a world away who doesn't have a clue that he's got a soon-to-be-painted, fire-engine themed bedroom of his very own?   

As I sort through all of the Porter paint colors, I'm thinking of how much fun the job of the  paint-color-naming-person must be.   I've obviously missed my calling in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment