Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pinch me!

Whew!!!   Just when I thought my life was crazy busy, it got even crazier.  Absolutely incredible.

I normally try to make my blog entries sort of "fun", entertaining,  creative etc.  However, this time, I just have to give you an update, find a pillow, and crash.

I'm THRILLED to announce that our Letter of Approval (LOA) arrived on Friday, July 20th.  That's a HUGE step..the one we've been waiting for for months and months (85 days, to be exact....but who's counting??)   This letter is the official one from China that gives us the approval to adopt Liu Nian.

It has been signed and mailed back to China.  Wahoo!  He's our SON!
The next Tuesday, on July 24th, the US Dept of Citizenship and Immigration received our I-800 application.  That's the form that goes to the U.S. government that requests to specifically adopt Liu Nian as an immediate relative.    I called them today, and they said it would be approved by next week.

Then, next week, we're on a mission to get our letter from the National Visa Center (NVC).  I should have that by the end of next week or the beginning of next.  That starts the ball rolling for Liu Nian to get his Visa to come to the USA and become a citizen.

Ok..by this time you're probably hearing "blah, blah, blah".  I understand.  I feel the same way.
In a nutshell, we should be traveling to China by November 1st to meet our son.   It may be sooner.  I spent 3 HOURS on a pre-travel conference call today and I have a "to-do" list so long that's running down my leg.   I'm overwhelmed.  My blood pressure is high.  I'm trying to balance life, but I feel like I'm drowning.  There's not enough hours in a day to get it all done!    I have to apply for Chinese visas for all 4 of us, I have a page-long checklist of papers to chase and have delivered to the adoption agency within a week.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a type A planner.  I'm working on a 3-page packing list, scheduling the last round of immunizations, lining up my Pampered Chef work schedule before, during and after I'm gone, helping coordinate FOUR final fundraisers, can a bunch of garden veggies before they go bad,  get both kids off to school next week and manage the everyday house stuff.   What's hitting me now is that....well...this is now REAL!!  Pinch me...it's REAL!  We're going to China SOON to adopt a little boy that will forever be in my heart, my family, and my responsibility.   When did this all happen?  We'll be on that plane before we know it.  

Dear Lord, please give me Your peace.  I'm freaking out for many good reasons, but it's still overwhelming.  I'm taking one day at a time and doing the best I can.  In the meantime friends, please bear with me if I don't reply to emails, phone calls, text messages etc. as fast as I normally do.  I'm in a very different season of my life, and although it's overwhelming, I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

We know that many of you have expressed the desire to contribute financially to our adoption.  For those of you who have already, THANK YOU!  May the Lord bless you for your sincere generosity!  For those of you who are still wanting to help, NOW IS THE TIME!   Travel is fast approaching and we will have to pay thousands of dollars for airfare, hotel, visas, etc.  Every dollar helps, and we are sincerely grateful for  whatever you can donate...whether financially or prayerfully.  :)   Please contact me directly if you'd like to made a tax-deductible donation for a great cause.  We are relying on the Lord to provide all that we need as we follow Him in obedience to The Call. 

Pinch me...this can't be happening already, is it?     Ok...the pillow is calling my name...must get some rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment